Saturday, 12 August 2017

The Primaris Problem

Yeah its been a while. We're currently homeless so its as good a reason as you're likely to get. While we wait to secure a new home I've had plenty of time to ruminate on the new Primaris Marines from GW.

Now in theory its all good stuff; nice new kits, new models, new weapons etc etc, and I'm not saying its a bad thing. BUT it has made me question the future direction of my 40K army.
As you might have read before, I've been (very slowly) putting together a Crimson Fist army with the hopes of eventually getting to play again. However with the release of these new models (and the interesting but slightly dubious lore) I'm left with a conundrum. The Crimson Fists were decimated by the Orks when Rynns World was all but destroyed during an invasion. From what I've read in the lore, very few companies were left intact after the invasion so it stands to reason that the new ranks would possibly/probably be made of Primaris Marines.

However I for one do not like the fact that the Primaris Marines are bigger. Don't get me wrong. I think the models are nice and if I were starting from scratch it wouldnt be an issue, but I abhor the idea of fielding two sizes of marines. It just doesn't sit well with me. So I'm left with two choices.

A - I ignore the Primaris Marines and just continue without them - This would be a bit annoying; to play marines but miss out on their good items.

B - Sell on the Marines and go with something else. If possible I'd like not to do this as I've always regretted selling models in the past.

I suspect I've answered my own conundrum, however I'm slightly loathed to play with just marines these days. Thankfully 8th edition appears to allow much greater freedom with mixed armies so I'm contemplating augmenting it with some Ad Mech or even maybe an IG Superheavy.

Mind you this is all just thoughts. Theres no money right now so it will remain ruminations.

No comments:

Post a Comment