Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Sadly I've been away due to a family bereavement so have not had time for any hobby items.
Before I left I picked up an old mk1 Whirlwind tank. I've not seen this model since the days of Rogue Trader but it was cheap and I thought I could retrofit it or something. As you may be able to make out from the pic, the model is in less than ideal condition. The metal can be cleaned up with Nitromors quite easily (after chipping off layers of superglue). The plastic is a different matter.
I've managed to separate off the sides of the tank and remove one set of headlights (as they were glued on back to front) but its a bit of a state. I've gotten hold of some cheap thin plasticard and intend to make additions to the tank to make it fit with the rest of the army. My problem is that I don't have an overall design in my head. I'd like to get stuck in but cutting plastic and gluing without a plan will undoubtedly make it worse.
I'm going to see about building a 3D model on the pc first to see what any potential changes look like.