Monday, 16 July 2012

Building the Landraider

I picked up a Landraider a couple of months ago but have not gotten around to building it yet, so I began to do so the other day. I took note from my Drop Pod building issues and decided to paint as I built with this project.

Its the first time I've built a Landraider so its a bit of a learning curve. I also had to decide which variant to build (as this was the Redeemer/Crusader set). In the end I've decided to go with the Redeemer setup. The reason for this is that, after an amount of online research, I've discovered that a Landraider is first and foremost a troop transport and a tank second. With this in mind it doesn't really matter which weapons I use. As I plan on using this to get my terminators into combat ASAP I figured large flamey cannons would be a better option than a load of bolters. The likelyhood is that it will be blown up before shooting anyway so its not a biggie.

I did attempt to see if the weapons could be magnetised but even with 2mm magnets it was exceptionally difficult. In the event I figured it wouldn't make that much difference, so I decided to go with one set up.

Issues I've run into so far are the top plate of the tank didn't fit amazingly well and the kit coming with one track section missing. Luckily I was able to sort both issues and I think it should be finished in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment