Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Finecast my arse!

Today I've had the misfortune of coming into contact with Games Workshops replacement for their metal miniatures; the erroneously titled Finecast. Essentially put its resin casting, something Forgeworld has been doing for years and it seems GW is cheapening up and switching from metal as fast as they can.

There's just one problem with this: it's utter crap. The trouble with resin is air bubbles. Ok you get this with metal models very occasionally but not to the extent I saw today (see pic). The casting was shocking. If we'd sent this out when I worked for Forgeworld 10 years ago I'd have been shot.

Other than the cheap factor I cannot understand why GW has gone all out for resin instead of metal when the results are this poor. Plus the fact that they are still charging top dollar for this crap.

Right now they're re-releasing all their metal minis in "Finecast" and you can't get the metal versions from them any more. Personally I will never buy one if these again and will always buy a metal version on eBay even if it's the same price.

For shame Games Workshop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment