Sunday, 1 April 2012

The missus finally paints

After cleaning up the models and waiting for me to sand base and undercoat them, my wife finally got to paint her miniatures this afternoon. Its an odd feeling teaching someone else to paint as I've been doing this since 1989 and I'm trying to condense 23 years of painting knowledge into 20 minutes. And its not the things I expected either. Simple things like how to open a GW paintpot without getting paint everywhere, something I take for granted, has to be taught.
Still I think she's enjoying herself (as I sit and type this out!)

I've also finished cleaning my Space Marines and have undercoated them in White (something I've not done in at least 15 years, as I found black easier on the mistakes). However I'm still torn with which chapter to go with.
I'd like a chapter that was there from the First Founding and have narrowed it down to the ubiquitous Ultramarines and the Imperial Fists. Both have great fluff backgrounds. My first Army was an Ultramarine force (using the famous RTB01 space marines set) but they are a bit contentious these days as a lot of players use them. Imperial Fists are less common and I also like the yellow of the Imperial Fists but it can be a pain in the backside to paint, so I guess its really down to if I like yellow or blue.

Either way I'd better decide soon :)
(Edit: I forgot.. I'm also mulling over Blood Angels as a chapter. I like the fluff but not sure I'm sold on red as a colour).

No comments:

Post a Comment