Monday, 9 April 2012

Continuing the Heresy

Finished the 3rd book in the Horus Heresy series this morning, Galaxy in Flames. The series is interesting as (so far) each instalment is written by a different author, this one being by Ben Counter. I was a bit worried when I started reading it as, although it was just as thick as its predecessors, the print was significantly larger making me worry that the content was poorer.

The overall story arc is very gripping and although there are differences in the authors styles, they gel together very well. As I said before, knowing the general outcome has made reading the details slightly depressing as it feels like watching the beginning of an avalanche.

I'm about to start reading the next in the series, Flight of the Eisenstein, but after this I may finally read the 3rd Gotrek and Felix Omnibus thats been waiting for me for the last 2 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment