Saturday, 11 February 2012

40K Anniversary miniature thoughts

As you may (or may not) be aware, Warhammer 40,000 is currently having its 25th anniversary. Firstly this makes me feel very old as I remember Rogue Trader very well and even (sometimes) miss the old targeting templates.

Games Workshop are currently offering this finecast miniature based on the artwork to the cover of that first 40k rulebook. Now I'm one for nostalgia and I'd even pick up another copy of Rogue Trader (1st Edition of 40K) if I came across one, but I'm a little hesitant of spending £20 on what is essentially a desktop model. Ok apparently you can use this as a fieldable miniature but I'm not a great fan of Crimson Fists (the chapter of Space Marines portrayed) so I'm not that fussed. Apparently GW is selling out of them fast. I don't find this surprising as 40k has a massive fan base in the US (far more than Fantasy.. I can only assume the yanks like big guns more). Besides I suspect a large number of these limited edition miniatures will end up on eBay in a months time with the priced hiked up by opportunists.

Anyway if you want to have a gander check at their website here : http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod1460169a

No comments:

Post a Comment